Most Recent Stories

       
  • Local charities and residents to benefit from clothing and textile recycling in Locks Heath

    By AmyLocksHeath at 13:03 on 16/04/13
    Profile image for AmyLocksHeath
    In a move to support local charities and residents with tight household budgets, Fareham Borough Council agreed at a meeting of its Executive, that 90% of the proceeds from clothing and textile recycling will go to good causes. The remaining 10% will be used to help keep Council Tax bills down by supporting services for residents in the same way as the income derived from the Council's glass and paper recycling banks does. It was also...
  • Former Mayor and Warsash Borough Councillor Dr H G Jerrard (Jerry)

    By AmyLocksHeath at 10:09 on 15/04/13
    Warsash
    Fareham Borough Council is sad to report the death of former mayor and councillor, Dr Harold George Jerrard (Jerry), who passed away peacefully on Wednesday (10th April). Dr Jerrard was a Borough Councillor, representing Warsash for 22 years from 1973-1994, during which time he served as Mayor in 1984/85, and Leader from 1991-1993. He served on several of the Council's committees, including the Staff and Establishment Committee, and...
  • Changes to clothing and textiles recycling in Fareham Borough will reduce waste

    By AmyLocksHeath at 13:46 on 03/04/13
    Profile image for AmyLocksHeath
    Fareham Borough Council is making it easier to recycle clothing, shoes and textiles. In 2011 more than 750 tonnes of clothes, shoes and textiles, worth over £200,000, was simply thrown away in household bins. From April, there'll be an extra 15 textile recycling banks around the borough. A list of their locations can be found on our website. The European Recycling Company (under a four year contract with the Council) will manage...
  • Fareham Borough Council residents urged to have their say in Hampshire County Council elections

    By AmyLocksHeath at 08:54 on 22/03/13
    Profile image for AmyLocksHeath
    Residents living in the Fareham Borough Council area are being urged to make sure they have their say in the Hampshire County Council elections, taking place on Thursday 2nd May 2013. A county-wide election takes place every four years and voters in all 75 electoral divisions can choose who they want to run the range of essential local services that impact on all aspects of everyday life. This reaches 1.3 million people who live in the...
  • Results of Locks Heath Centre consultation to be revealed at the next CAT Meeting

    By AmyLocksHeath at 14:03 on 15/03/13
    Locks Heath centre Web
    The next Western Wards Community Action Team Meeting (CAT) will take place on Wednesday 20th March 2013 at Locks Heath Free Church from 7.00pm to 8.30pm. This will be the first meeting since the consultation on the Locks Heath Masterplan closed, so it will be a good opportunity to hear some of the ideas that have been put forward by residents about how to re-develop the District Centre. Chairman for Western Ward's Community Action...

View more…

   

Hot Stories People are Talking About

       

View more…

   

People in This Group

       

Click below to see what they're saying:

   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent